Saturday 31 May 2014

The Busy Season

This week marks the first time I've slept in my own bed and spent most of my time in my own city since around the 18th of April. Which explains why things went radio silent 'round these parts. In that time I have:


  • walked part of the Offa's Dyke Path (now redated earlier) and gotten a spectacular sunburn
  • enjoyed the hospitality and interesting papers of Spoleto
  • talked and listened in Kalamazoo
  • learned about early medieval archaeology
  • heard some wonderful things about the development of Caroline minuscule
  • attended a symposium on an important 1914 production of Hrotsvit of Gandersheim's play Paphnutius (And heard the play acted, possibly for the first time since 1914)
  • begun to assemble panels for Kalamazoo and Leeds 2015

It's been good stuff, all of it, and has made me think--which, after all, is one of the joys of this line of work. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment