- walked part of the Offa's Dyke Path (now redated earlier) and gotten a spectacular sunburn
- enjoyed the hospitality and interesting papers of Spoleto
- talked and listened in Kalamazoo
- learned about early medieval archaeology
- heard some wonderful things about the development of Caroline minuscule
- attended a symposium on an important 1914 production of Hrotsvit of Gandersheim's play Paphnutius (And heard the play acted, possibly for the first time since 1914)
- begun to assemble panels for Kalamazoo and Leeds 2015
It's been good stuff, all of it, and has made me think--which, after all, is one of the joys of this line of work. More later.